Postnatal Check Up By A Womens Health Physiotherapist
Questions that we answer during your postnatal checkup:
- Do I have a tummy separation? Should I be worried about my tummy separation or core weakness?
- My pelvic floor feels weak. What should I do?
- I had back pain and pelvic girdle pain during my pregnancy. Will it be worse in my next pregnancy?
- What exercises are safe for me at my current postnatal stage?
- I have ongoing wrist pain. Can you give me more advice about it?
- What can I do to prevent tightness in my back or a poor posture?
What does the postnatal check-up include?
Womens health physiotherapist Aileen listens and cares about you, your needs, and wants to ensure that you have a smooth transition into motherhood.
During your postnatal checkup, she tries to be as thorough as possible, and would complete:
- Tummy separation & core activation check with core home exercise program
- Musculoskeletal Assessment or your back, neck, upper back and management plan for your aches and pains
- Postural assessment including during common functional task (eg: getting on/off floor or breastfeeding posture)
- Pelvic floor muscle strength assessment
- Return to exercise discussion