8% of Males
Can experience pelvic pain at some point in the life, and most males can suffer for a long period of time prior to seeking help with it.
- Anal, penile and testicular pain
- Pelvic pain with excessive sitting or when cycling
- Low abdominal pain
- Bladder irritation or bladder pressure, especially with a full bladder
- Pelvic floor spasm
- Incomplete emptying of bladder
Common Causes For Chronic Pelvic Pain:
- Tight pelvic floor muscles
- Compression of pudendal nerve
- Previous, current of recurrent bladder or prostate infection
- Previous or current trauma to the area
- Lifestyle factors, eg: high stress, excessive cycling
Does Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Help?
Pelvic floor physiotherapist, Aileen has over 10years of experience with helping you with completing a thorough assessment and discussion about your possible contributing factors, including your lifestyle. The pelvic floor relaxation usually helps to reduce your pelvic pain and your current symptoms.
What To Expect In Your Appointment?
- A very thorough assessment about your chronic pelvic pain and possible contributing factors
- A personalized pelvic floor program to relax your pelvic floor muscles
- Stretches to help with relaxing all the muscles around your pelvis
- Soft tissue work to relax and stretch your pelvic floor muscles
- Personalized education and lifestyle advice regarding your chronic pelvic pain